Little Tokyo is an epicenter of Japanese pop culture where many anime / cosplay fans gather at. In the cosplay contest, the top cosplayer will be chosen among LA local cosplayers, by the voice of the judges and the applause of the venue. The three judges are popular cosplayers who have hundreds of thousands of followers on Social Media, and those who are also active as influencers through YouTube channels or cosplay costumes business. The contest will be exciting with the participation of viewers.
from Anime Jungle
$30.00 Gift Certificate for Wig maker for cosplay (Brand Named “Assist Wig”)
from Anime Jungle
$20.00 Gift Certificate (Valid at 5 Anime Jungle stores)
Special Judges: Lorentz, Caoimhe, Daniella, Stephanie
Having more than 1.4M followers on TikTok and Instagram. The progress videos of her transformation get buzzes every time the ner videos are uploaded.
Not only limited to cosplaying himself, but Lorentz is also in the business of materials for cosplay costumes and props.
Not limited to cosplay, she has a YouTube channel that uploads vlogs of everyday life.
Jpop Music Artist, Model, Content Creator, On-Camera and Radio Talent who has toured all over the US and Japan releasing original music featured in games like TinierMe and Lanota.
- Number of Participants: Up to 50 cosplayers
- Sign up deadline: November 7th (Sun) midnight
Who Can Participate
Anyone who loves Japanese Anime can enter.
Contestants under the age of 18 need a parent or legal guardian present at the cosplay competition to sign a waiver for the contestant to compete in the cosplay contest.
- The venue only has a small greenroom. No changing room nor lockers are available.
- All costumes must cover “swimsuit areas” – no nudity. Body-paint costumes are not eligible for craftsmanship.
- No pyrotechnics, fire, explosive devices, live animals, or similar special effects can be used during the competition; this includes smoke/smog machines and flash paper/powder. All prop weapons cannot be made with harmful materials.
- Overt adult humor will not be allowed. All material must be PG-13.
Pre-Judging Due on Nov 8~9th via e-mail.
50 cosplayers will be chosen by the entry information you provide
Out of 50, 15 contestants will be chosenThese 15 winners will receive $20 Japanese restaurant’s gift certificate.
Top 3 cosplayers will be chosen
All 15 winners will be introduced on SNS and JapanUp! magazine (December issue).
Email to enter, 50 cosplayers will be chosen to participate in the contest based on information you will be provide. We will introduce 50 cosplayers in advanced online.
The application is closed.